SA8000 certification guarantees the best working conditions
We only want to purchase from SA8000-certified factories. This is the highest possible certification for the social aspect of the workplace, with factories having to meet strict criteria. There are therefore not many factories that achieve this standard. Factories maintain this certification for a period of 3 years and only when they pass each regular and unannounced inspection. After 3 years, a full investigation is carried out again, after which the certification can be renewed.
Due to the strictness of the controls, we can proudly say that good and responsible working conditions are offered to everyone involved in the production process.
Factories are checked on these points:
- No form of child labor is allowed.
- There shall be no forced or compulsory labor.
- The workplace must be a healthy, clean and safe place.
- Workers have the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
- There should be no discrimination of any kind. This includes discrimination based on race, national or social origin, caste, birth, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, political opinion and age.
- Employees are treated with respect. Mental or physical abuse of personnel in any form or degree is prohibited.
- Weekly working hours are in accordance with the law and industry standards.
- The staff is entitled to a living income, with which they can at least meet all basic needs. This is more than the minimum wage.
- There is an effective management implementation and monitoring of SA8000 compliance. A responsible person has been appointed for this.